Not all great performers can become great masters.
Teaching music is a noble profession in the true sense. The role of a music teacher, educator or pedagogue starts when a lady conceives. Zoltan Kodaly once said, “Music education starts nine months before the birth of a child.” There are different roles of music educators like children music teacher, elementary level music teacher and advanced level teachers.
Many music teachers still confront the false idea that their subject is a walk in the park to teach. The belief that music is one of those easier subjects where less effort needs to go into supporting students than in the sciences or English literature, however, ignores the tremendous efforts educators put in to develop the musical abilities of their students. It’s, of course, impossible to draw up a precise list of qualities which every great music teacher must have. A wide variety of approaches to teaching music exist, and there is not necessarily a right and a wrong way to go about it.
Candidates looking for a music teaching jobs in Kolkata may follow one of the followings. Evaluation boards like musiCEA, Trinity College London offer diplomas for music teaching. The cost of musiCEA exams suits middle-class Indian budget. To become a master teacher, we recommend getting in class Music Teachers’ Training from Kodaly Society of India. The courses are conducted by master educators trained in Europe. Like the B.Ed course, Diploma in Music Teaching is based on theory and practical learnings along with practical sessions with students under the supervision of experienced educators. On successful completion of the course, Kodaly Society of India provides candidates music teaching jobs in Kolkata.
Following are some qualities which enable a music teacher should become a better music educator.
- Love for Music and ability to share.
- Pride for the profession and openness to constantly upgrade.
- Love and empathy for children and all students.
- Connect with students, able to motivate and inspire students.
- Be an excellent communicator.
- Have a strong commitment to fundamentals.
- Identify problems quickly.
- Believe that everyone can reach their full potential. Students take their time to learn but all students can learn music up to a level.
- Work yourself out of a job; work with passion and purpose.
- Be a constant student.
- Enjoy yourself.